A day after the San Francisco 49ers released linebacker

A day after the San Francisco 49ers released linebacker
09 sty 2019 - 03:56:57
Reuben Foster following a domestic violence arrest Youth Dante Pettis Jersey , coach Kyle Shanahan said he and the team were unaware of a prior altercation in October between Foster and the same alleged victim.Foster was arrested Saturday night for an incident at the team hotel in Tampa, the latest in a string of legal issues involving the linebacker. The 49ers cut Foster on Sunday morning before their game against the Buccaneers.Reports emerged later Sunday that police had been called on Oct. 12 for another incident between Foster and the woman in Santa Clara.The 49ers claimed they had a zero-tolerance policy this season with Foster, who also was arrested on a domestic violence charge last spring involving the woman. The Associated Press generally does not identify victims of alleged domestic violence."Absolutely not," Shanahan said Monday when asked if he knew about the October incident. "The first time I heard about it, somebody told us about it when we landed (Sunday night) after it was written in the paper. Everyone in our building was the same on that."Shanahan spent the majority of his news conference Monday defending the team's decision to release Foster, the way the team handled Foster during his tenure ??and the decision to draft the troubled player in the first place."There were things that we believed we could help him with," Shanahan said. "We worked on him since he's been here. ... We thought he would improve and we were gonna do everything we could to help him. And Reuben did improve in some things."But for that to come up ... and what happened Saturday with the same (person) at a team hotel, it's just hard to comprehend how you could put yourself in that situation again."There were red flags surrounding Foster leading up to the 2017 draft http://www.authenticssanfrancisco49ers.com/cheap-laken-tomlinson-jersey , including failing a drug test at the combine.Though domestic violence charges were dropped against him last spring, Foster served a two-game suspension to begin this season for his arrest on a gun charge and for misdemeanor marijuana possession.Shanahan said the 49ers had someone checking in on Foster often, doing everything the team could do short of having someone live with him."I do believe in his heart," the coach said. "I hope I'm not wrong on that. Shame on me if I am. But I also know he's shown that we couldn't trust his decision-making. ... There's not many things in this world more wrong than domestic violence and things like that."Shanahan said he twice tried calling Foster on Monday but only got his voicemail."Hopefully this is rock bottom for him," Shanahan said, "and he can fix himself in all those ways and still find a way to go have success in his life, or hopefully with another team someday."There weren't many football-related questions for Shanahan on Monday, but he did say Nick Mullens would remain San Francisco's starting quarterback this Sunday at Seattle despite a shaky effort in a 27-9 loss at Tampa Bay."I know I said Nick didn't play very well http://www.authenticssanfrancisco49ers.com/cheap-george-kittle-jersey , but no one played well and I didn't coach well," Shanahan said. "So it was all of us. Nick did a good job in his first two games. He was not the reason that happened yesterday, so it would be unfair to (replace him)."NOTES: Strong safety Jaquiski Tartt is day-to-day with a stinger in the same shoulder that's given him problems recently. . Safety D.J. Reed is expected to miss Sunday's game with a foot strain and chest contusion. ... Receiver Pierre Garcon (knee) will be evaluated Wednesday. When Jimmy Garoppolo got thrown into the lineup as San Francisco's quarterback just weeks after joining the 49ers, simply getting a play off in time was an accomplishment.Garoppolo overcame that limited knowledge of coach Kyle Shanahan's offense to put together an impressive 5-0 finish to the season as one of the NFL's most productive quarterbacks down the stretch.It will be a very different Garoppolo heading into Sunday's season opener at Minnesota than he was in his first start in Chicago in December. He was given a $137.5 million contract in the offseason and has had months to learn the whys and hows of Shanahan's complex offense."We were trying to avoid the delay of game in Chicago," he said. "That was a big part of it. I think every week last year I progressively got more and more comfortable with winning obviously and learning new things every week. Every week I was hearing new things for the first time that I had never heard before. So, it was that comfort level that just keeps growing as you get more along with the offense and learn more."That comfort level is astronomically higher after getting more practice time with his receivers and offense.Garoppolo also took advantage of the opportunity to spend more time away from the 49ers facility with his teammates, whether it was informal sessions or non-football bonding to build chemistry with players who were almost strangers when he played last year."Last year I was in a tough situation because I really didn't have any extra time to go out and hang out with the guys," he said. "I was trying to learn as quickly as possible. So White Adrian Colbert Jersey , this offseason we've had a lot more time to do things together away from football and kind of get to know each other on a more personal level."How Garoppolo fares this year is one of the most intriguing questions in the NFL as he has shown great promise winning all seven of his career starts to earn the lucrative contract but still has very little track record.What Garoppolo has done on the field has been impressive. He completed 67.4 percent of his passes last season, averaging 8.8 yards per attempt with seven TDs, five interceptions and a 96.2 rating.Among quarterbacks with at least 100 attempts last season, Garoppolo ranked first in yards per attempt, fourth in completion percentage. His 308.4 yards passing per game in his five starts also would have led the league had he played a full season.Defenses now have had plenty of time to study Garoppolo in San Francisco's system but Shanahan doesn't see that being a major hindrance."You hear that all the time with quarterbacks," he said. "You figure the scheme out and then you stop plays. Then, you put other stuff in to get other people open and you see if the quarterback is capable of doing other stuff. I think Jimmy's capable of making any type of throw. I think he sees the field very well. It's not like they're going to learn how to stop him from running with the ball and then stop him from throwing it. Jimmy has a very talented arm. He knows how to play in the pocket. Hopefully we can continue to get guys here to separate, help get people open in zone and give him time to go through progressions and give him a running game not to put all the pressure on him."The 49ers running game took a big hit over the weekend when projected starter Jerick McKinnon went down with a season-ending right knee injury. He was one of San Francisco's main additions in free agency and was being counted on to be a big threat as a runner and a receiver.Now the 49ers will count on second-year back Matt Breida Youth Weston Richburg Jersey , who has 105 career carries, and veteran Alfred Morris, who was signed midway through training camp and has never caught more than 17 passes in his six seasons, instead of McKinnon."Since the day we signed him we've been game planning for Minnesota," Shanahan said. "So, I'm not going to lie, it changes things pretty drastically."NOTES: Rookie Fred Warner is slated to start at MLB with Reuben Foster suspended the first two games. There is a question about who will line up next to him on the inside with Malcolm Smith limited with a hamstring injury. Brock Coyle got most of the work there in practice. ... Mike Person is in line to start at RG but Joshua Garnett still is in the mix.
Autor:

E-mail:

Temat:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Wiadomość:

Copyright © 2000-2016 Kazimierz Pawlowski | kontakt | wspolpraca | reklama
design System Zarządzania Treścią - CMS identyfikacja wizualna